Top of the Rock
We visited the Top of the Rock at 3 pm on a sunny afternoon.
- Your ticket is timed - meaning the queue's are non-existent at best and short at worst
- You can see the Crystler building and the Empire State
- You get a great view of Central Park
- Your ticket is timed - meaning that no mater the weather if you've pre-purchased your ticket you must go up at that time
The Empire State Building
We visited the Empire State Building at 8 pm on a clear and crisp night.
- Its an iconic building, its in movies, its mentioned in music, it seems to signify that you are in NYC
- The building itself is interesting inside due to it being art deco
- You cannot see the Empire State from the Empire State
- The queue's are horrendous, even if you have pre-purchased a ticket, unless its VIP, you must wait in line and they are long lines (even at 8 pm at night)
Recommendation: If your short on time, Top of the Rock is my choice. To be honest I'm not sure if I would bother with The Empire State unless there was no queue or you really had your heart set on going.