Friday, June 27, 2014

The Tea Cozy, The Rocks, Sydney

June 2014


It had been a nice sunny day, that quickly got overcast and wet, perfect timing for a visit to The Tea Cozy, located in The Rocks, Sydney.


Scones are the specialty and come in a variety of flavours, baked fresh.


While the homemade iced tea looked worth trying, the cold weather made the traditional variety more appealing. I usually gravitate towards a vanilla or caramel flavour, so decided to try the Nanna's Apple Pie instead.


The tea comes in a pot with a cut tea cozy and vintage cup and saucer, just like at Nanna's!


We were in a group so went with the Devonshire tea, this allowed us two scones each and I had one of the Winter (lightly spiced and my favourite) and a plain.


Being in a group also meant me could try multiple jams and the Pear & Vanilla was something I could do with in my fridge at home.


All in all a nice afternoon tea, but the advantage of being in a group was we had a booking and an area reserved, there was quite the line waiting otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment