Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Iceberg's Bondi Beach

December 2013


I've cut into our posts on Africa to change it around a bit and also post the fabulous weekend DH and I had at Bondi Beach for my birthday.


Its been about 15 years since I was last at Bondi but I've always wanted to try Iceberg's Dining Room  situated over the Iceberg's swimming pool.


 Part of the attraction for this place is the view and it doesn't disappoint.


The menu was interesting, the seafood was described as sustainable, but all the beef was grain fed (I prefer grass fed), but we never the less found it hard to choose from the many tasty sounding options listed.


The virgin mojito looked better than it tasted.

Virgin Mojito $8

Our entrees however were superb, my fish was fresh and the combination of flavours worked well.

Pesce Crudo $28Sashimi grade fish with caviar and smoke curd

Gamberetti $26Lightly dusted local shrimp, lemon, aioli

My steak was cooked perfectly, while DH had a really nice piece of NZ Bass Groper

180g Eye Fillet $42, 50 day grain fed, Italian leaf salad, mustard fruit dressing

Grilled Bass Groper
with Amalfi Limone condiment & organic herbs
,
with puttanesca sauce
 $44

We ordered two sides to share, the salad looked disappointing but tasted great and I hate to think how much cream and butter was in the mash.

Pure di patate $10Mashed potato
and
Insalata di piselli $13Peas, farro, celery, mint, salted ricotta salad

I would recommend a meal here, the view is fabulous (at an iconic Australian location), the food is fresh and the service attentive (see how often you can say that in this part of the world).


No comments:

Post a Comment