Friday, October 11, 2013

Flashback: China 2002/2003

I visited China over the Christmas/New Year period of 2003/2004.



This was a trip prior digital camera (for me) and with no travel log/diary, so I don't have much details. But it's always fun to look at where you've been.

It was a whirlwind trip, only 9 days from Beijing, to Xian to Shanghai, all by train once I arrived in country.

 I was significantly under prepared for the weather, I spent the whole tour in the Forbidden City thinking I was going to get frostbite!






It was also the trip I discovered eggplant (no, seriously, I have no idea how I missed it before!) and Peaking Duck.

The Terracotta Warriors were only discovered in 1974, and were definitely the highlight of the trip.




By Xian is much more than this and a walk around the wall of the old city is worth it.




 I also am glad I visited this time of year, for Australian's good snow is hard to come by and there were very few people stupid enough to be visiting the Great Wall.





I'm not sure many of my Shanghai photos look like the Shanghai of today.





No comments:

Post a Comment