Friday, September 17, 2010

Hong Kong and Eastern Europe 2009

So it's been a while since I've blogged, but it's just over a year since DH and I took our 5 week trip to Hong Kong and Eastern Europe, so I thought it was a good chance to not only document all the notes I have but also get back into the posts!


September 2009


So our trip to Eastern Europe kicked off with a stopover in Hong Kong. It was my second trip, but DH's first, and after his introduction to Asia via Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam in 2008, he was more than willing to make it our stopover destination.









Day 1


Hong Kong has a great MTR (rail) network and we made our way to Kowloon from the airport to our accommodation at the YMCA. We choose the YMCA for two reasons: 1 This is where my mother and her girlfriend had stayed during their first trip overseas in the 1960s (in a different structure mind you) and 2 Due to the location near the MTR, ferry and harbour.



After checking in we headed off to find a tasty meal, which is not difficult in Hong Kong and we settled in for some pork and chicken noodle soup at a local eatery. I was surprised how low the prices were compared to my last trip a decade before, and I was left wondering if this was because I was no longer a poor student and they seemed cheaper, or if prices had indeed dropped.














No comments:

Post a Comment